Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mother Goose Popcorn

I love this idea!I think I'll make it for the grandkids when I visit them in May. Of courseI would make it purple and orange. Miss O informs me each time I visit that purple is her favorite color. She was invited to a birthday party a couple weeks ago but had to stay home because she had a bad cold. The treat bag that the mom made for her was all purple items. She gave it to Karen when she went by to drop Olivia's gift off to the little girl.

Mother Goose Popcorn

1 C sugar
3 Tbsp water
6 Tbsp butter
2 tsp vanilla
food coloring

#1 Mix milk and sugar in a sauce pan and on medium heat bring to a boil.
#2Careful not to let it burn and do not scrape the sides of the pan or the sugar will crystalize.
#3Add vanilla extract and your choice of food coloring (it is usually pink or light green) and mix well.
#4Place the popcorn in a large bowl then pour the hot liquid over it and coat as evenly as you can.
#5Spread on a cookie sheet to dry.

No comments: