Here is a new one I tried:
German Chocolate Pie
Make your favorite recipe for a one crust pie: Pre-bake the crust
1/3 c. Sugar
3 T. cornstarch
1 1/2 c. cold milk
4 oz. german sweet cooking chocolate chopped
1 T. unsalted butter
2 egg yolks, beaten
1 t. vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
1 (5 oz. can) evaporated milk
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. unsalted butter
1 1/3 c. sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1. For filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan, then stir in the milk, chocolate, and butter. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until thickened and bubbly. Turn down the heat to medium and continue to cook and whisk another 2 minutes.
2. Gradually stir about 1 cup of the hot mixture into the egg yolks, then pour the yolk mixture into the saucepan. Return to a boil over medium heat and cook and whisk another 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, pour into the crust.
1. Combine egg, milk, sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir just until thickened and bubbly.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut and pecans, then spread topping evenly over the chocolate filling.
Cool to room temperature on a wire rack, then chill in the refrigerator for several hours before slicing. Serve chilled.