Plumcot Blueberry Crisp:
• 2 lbs. pluots, pitted and quartered
• 1 pint blueberries
• 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
• 3 Tbsp. cornstach
• 1 Tbsp. red wine or creme de cassis liqueur (optional, I don't use it)
• 1/2 c. cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
• 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal (or quick oats)
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
• 1/2 cup (1 sticks) softened unsalted butter, diced
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. For the fruit, in a large bowl, combine the pluots, blueberries, (1/4 cup) brown sugar, cornstarch and the wine (or liqueur if you have it, I don't and didn't buy it just for this recipe). Pour mixture into a 12 x 8″ shallow baking dish and level out. (I increased the plumcots and made a 9x13 pan.)
3. For the topping, combine the flour,brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, oatmeal, and butter in a bowl. Work together with fingers until clumpy, and then stir in nuts.
4. Scatter evenly over the fruit mixture.
5. Bake the crisp for 40-45 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling and the top is browned. Serve warm or at room temperature, served warm with vanilla ice cream it is a huge hit.
Borrowed this recipe from the internet........it's a keeper.