Friday, December 16, 2011
Recipe Friday: S'Mores Bars
Made this recipe for my family last year. I've got enough to do it again x 5. I have 4 sisters and a sister in law I take these to..........Here's the recipe:
2 1/4 C. crushed graham crackers,
2 cups crispy rice cereal
1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
6 (1.55 ounces each) milk chocolate candy bars
1 package (10 ounces) mini marshmallows
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Combine crackers with cereal in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
2. Cook corn syrup and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil just around edges. Remove from heat; stir in butter, baking soda and vanilla. (OR in a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl, microwave on HIGH (100%) for about 2 minutes or until syrup boils.)
3. Pour syrup over cereal mixture and stir to coat completely. Transfer to a greased 13 x 9-inch pan; press firmly to level. Place chocolate bars in a single layer over cereal mixture; sprinkle with marshmallows.
4. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed and lightly browned. Remove from oven and top with mini chocolate chips.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour until firm; cut into squares. Store in tightly closed container for up to 2 days.