I love this recipe, I found it many years ago in a magazine. It's been a favorite on my cookie trays every since. Hope to get a photo when making them for our first annual cookie exchange at work. I can't wait for this, we've been wanting to do it for a couple of years. This year it finally came to fruition.
* 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
* ¾ cups Sugar
* 1 cup Butter Or Margarine
* ½ cups Water
* 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
* 2 whole Eggs (large)
* 3 cups Flour
* 2 cups Quick Cooking Oatmeal
* 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
* ½ teaspoons Salt
* ½ teaspoons Cinnamon
* ⅔ cups Raspberry Preserves
Heat oven to 400 F.
2. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, sugar and butter or margarine until light and fluffy.
3. Add water, almond extract and eggs; mix well. (Mixture looks curdled at this point, but that’s the way it should look.)
4. Stir in flour, oats, soda, salt and cinnamon; mix well.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets approximately 2″ apart.
6. With back of spoon, make intentation in center of cookie. Fill in with approximately 1/2 teaspoon preserves. Drop scant teaspoonful cookie dough over preserves.
7. Bake 6-9 minutes or until light brown.
Yields 4 1/2-5 dozen.