Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11: Way to start the new year!!!! New Kitchen Cabinets

Our house is almost 9 years old now, the cabinets that were in the house when we ordered it are not the highest quality. They have served their purpose, but are not functional for me and how I use my kitchen. Today we visited a local lumber company to look at cabinets, peruse the hardware and try to wrap our brains around how we want the lay out, what to include for amenities, etc. I think we are on the way to making a decision. Next is measuring the space. We'll take it back, get the estimates and wait for a sale. It will be a huge undertaking, but I can't stand it anymore the way it is laid out now.

The existing cupboards are trying to come apart, the finish is wearing off and the layout isn't conducive to efficient use of the space.

I've thought and re-thought it for a long time now, it's time to get it cemented into my brain, on paper and get moving.

2 comments:

supermom said...

so, now, dad isn't going to do it??? you guys just can't make up your mind! lol!

Cindy said...

That's right, stopped in at your hubby's store today............they can be here in 3 weeks, vs. 3 months to build........what would you do? Put up with 3 months of mess or have it over in a weekend??