Friday, January 7, 2011

Recipe Friday Jan. 7, 2011

Made this for the nieces and nephews over the New Year, it's good. If you get little sugar lumps in this, strain it through a strainer. It will be fine.

CARAMEL SAUCE
Made this on 12/18/10, and 12/31/10 it is fabulous
• 2-½ cups Brown Sugar
• 1 can Sweetened, Condensed Milk - 14-ounce Can
• ½ cups Butter
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla
• ¾ cups Whole Milk

Mix the sugar and condensed milk together in medium saucepan, and cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved completely. Set aside.
Melt the butter in another small saucepan, and stir in the vanilla and milk. Leave to simmer on low heat until mixture is smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Slowly stir the butter mixture into the sugar mixture and leave to stand 3 to 5 minutes until mixture becomes thick.
Drizzle over apple crisp and vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!!

Pour caramel leftovers into a glass jar and store in refrigerator. Or grab a spoon and dig in!! It’s DIVINE! You’ll never buy another jar of caramel again!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your idea to eat it with a spoon!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I have a recipe like this one. I thought nothing could replace my Hot Fudge recipe and then a girlfriend gave me some homemade caramel. Evil, absolutely decadent evil!

KathyA said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll check out the book (and the caramel sauce). :)