Sunday, January 31, 2010

Change is not always good

The next time I think I am going to get a housekeeper. Remind me that they want the money but don't want to do the WORK. Please? Plus she added a lot of drama to my life. I live my life nice and quiet. I'm not into drama. I tend to shy away from it and away from people that live for it and feed off of it. I'm too busy to deal with petty nonsensical made up drama. The 'she' said this BUT I know she 'meant' that.......blah blah blah.

As I age I have little time for that type behavior. Graduation was over years ago. It's nice to have my friends that don't indulge in idiocy. Aimee, Sandy, Rhonda, Rhonda P, Sheryl, Deneen, Pattye, and others that are aware of how crazy I get over this that I can't control and don't want to participate in.....It's excruciatingly painful to keep away from it sometimes as it involves people I truly care about......but it isn't worth it on the other hand. It's a struggle.

Thank you to my daughter for hating it and being as perplexed as I am about it. Oh, and JEN, you are a gem, did you know that? Surround yourself with people that make you happy, don't feel obligated to include people that are mean spirited and treat you badly. You know what I am talking about........you have my permission to get on with it guilt free.........I hope you love your new home. Can't wait to see it!!!














Today I baked a new bar recipe. Steve loved them because they involved chocolate. Me, not so much. He wants me to make them again and I will, but I wasn't impressed.


Holiday Red Raspberry Chocolate Bars

2 1/2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. finely chopped pecans
1 egg, beaten
1 c. (2 sticks) Cold butter
1 jar seedless red raspberry jam (12 oz)
1 2/3 c. chocolate chips

1. Heat oven to 350 F. Grease 9x13x2 pan and set aside
2. Stir together flour, sugar, pecans and egg in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until it resembles coarse crumbs, set aside 1 1/2 c. crumbs in a bowl. Press the remaining mixture in the 9x13 pan.
3. Stir jam to soften, spread carefully over crumbs in pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs over the mixture in the pan.
4. Bake 40-45 min. or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack, but into bars.

2 comments:

JEN said...

Thanks for the shout out! :) You are a great person and I love getting together with you and Karen! Can't wait to have you guys over...and we DO need to still meet up for Sushi!! Have fun in AZ you lucky duck! :)

supermom said...

SUISHI!