Friday, October 12, 2007

Not much to tell

I have been pretty busy with many things, but seem to have nothing to show for my efforts. This Sunday I will go to the Flameworx design Studio in Omaha to make beads for the Hope Bracelet Project and Beads of Courage Approximately 8 of us from the Omaha area will make beads all day on Sunday, donating to the projects whatever we are able to create in one day. It will be a fun time. Sandy's son is a Chef in the Omaha area, he's worked at restaurants such as Mahogany Prime. He won first place in the Taste of Omaha competition last year with pork medallions in an apricot sauce. He's also a cutie, with big dimples in each cheek, he looks like he's about 12, but is married with 3 adorable little boys that look just like him.

All of my sisters are discussing a trip to San Diego in the early part of 2008 to visit an Aunt of ours. Wilma lives in Oceanside, a retired teacher. Since our dad passed, we have only been able to see her twice, she's such a neat person, but her health is failing.

During a trip to Phoenix 2 years ago, the group of beadmakers I was traveling with scheduled a trip into Del Mar to see Cirque Du Soleil. We drove over from Phoenix, then flew out of San Diego. Such a beautiful area. We stayed right on the beach in a little hotel.I really enjoyed watching the surfers, I mean the dolphins while visiting. There was a great little shopping area just up the road from where we stayed. Matt and I ran up each morning to get coffee and scones. There was a neat little cigar place there. Aimee collects cigar boxes. We ended up with quite a few unique ones to bring back home. Imagine dragging along 12 or maybe 15 cigar boxes in your luggage, along with the piles of beads and crystals we managed to amass during our trips to the gem shows. We kill us, it was too funny.

I haven't mentioned it until now, but Steve and I are taking a cruise in January, compliments of his mother. We haven't had much contact with her over the years, I first met her when Steve and I were married. She came around a little when Karen was small. Didn't see much of her the last 20 years. Steve was raised by his grandmother and grandfather since he was 3 years old.

We are surprised and interested that she invited us on this trip. (It's not as thought we are the Walton's or anything) We are very grateful she thought of us, we didn't feel comfortable accepting, it took a long time to make the decision to go. We were not going to go, but Karen talked us into it. Margie is aging, I think she is the same age as Steve's dad, which would be 73. You never know about the health of your parents, this may be his last time Steve will get to see her. I think the last time he saw her was a couple years ago when we took a trip to see Karen. I haven't seen her since his brother died from a heart attack, I don't even know what year that was, but it has been a long time ago.

Oh, and I added a link to my favorite blogs, I love the Pioneer Woman!

No comments: