Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Art in the Bag

There's an auction going on in Omaha Oct. 17th to support organizations related to cancer. I looked for patterns yesterday, I coerced my sister in law, she'll sew the bag and I will donate lampwork beads as a purch dangle.

The patterns that I found are pretty neat. One of them only takes 2 fat quarters to make one bag. There are so many cool fabrics out there, it is hard to choose.


Here are the choices:

QuiltSmart:













Since my Mom has had several cancers, I contemplated making 2 different colored bags, one for each type of cancer. However, I am not sewing these up, Brandy is. (Gotta get permission before I make big plans) I really like the bag with the big buttons. Mangelson's has these great leather buttons that would be really cool, depending on the type of fabric I purchase.


Here is the other choice, but the pattern isn't in at the Country Sampler Quilt Store, I am not sure how long it will take to come, and if Brandy can get the bag done in time This one is Flour Sack, By Busy Bee Quilt Designs. I love the flower, the one at the quilt store is so much cuter!:




















Here are pics of my grandkids.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Both patterns look fabulous!!!

Thank you so much for making a donation to Art in the Bag.

It is going to be a fun event and it is for a good cause. www.artinthebag.blogspot.com