Monday, October 20, 2008

A good time was had by all.......

The sister's breakfast was a ton of fun! The highlight of the evening for some was the Haunted House, followed by my lame car taking a big ol' vacation at a very busy intersection!! One of the sister's got a picture of us sitting at a 4 lane stoplight while my little sister gave my battery a JUMP. That didn't work, so they ended up pushing it UPHILL, I found a parking lot that had a downward slope that I coasted into. I would have loved to been behind them and gotten it all on video, it had to be a hoot!!

When the going gets tough, you can count on them, I know that.

After all that excitement, we ended up back at the condos and spent the night drinking wine and visiting. Deanne and I couldn't sleep, so we snuck off down the hall and watched TV in another condo. We ended up going to bed at 3:30 am, and then I couldn't fall asleep worrying about my car.

I ended up spending a good portion of Saturday just trying to get the car home. Later I got a call, just as I was getting ready to take a much needed nap, I got a call we were going to dinner at 5:30. So, we went out to dinner and went to have dessert at Ron and Linda's, then I went home and fell into bed. Sunday was a wash, I did the laundry and slept most of the day.

I sure thought I posted a photo of the bags for art in the bag:




This event was held to earn money for non profit cancer organizations. My girlfriend was the guest of honor. Because of family commitments, see above, I was unable to attend this event. It bummed me out because Donna and I have been friends for many years. The bags were made by my little brother's wife, Brandy. She is cool like that, always doing whatever you ask her to do. She had the honor of having her work posted on a website, too.

The real bummer is, the blog or website for this hasn't been updated to say how it went. I thought that they would have done it by now.

No comments: