Monday, October 6, 2008

Mice...oh how I hate them!

I love fall weather, but this time of year we get a mouse or two in the house. I have an arsenal of mouse traps that I keep in a 2 gallon zip lock bag at the ready at all times. It consists of those cheap wooden traps, sold 4/$1 at the Dollar Store. The best thing I have found is the electronic mouse trap. Purchased from our local Wal-Mart store about 4 years ago. When all the wooden traps fail to trap the intruder, this one NEVER fails. It is available at Menard's. I am going there right after work Wed. to get another one!:













All you do is put a 9V battery in it, turn it on and wait. The mouse enters a little tunnel in the trap to gain access to the peanut butter you so cleverly smeared on the back of the trap. Once inside, there's a metal plate that 'puts him to sleep'. It is very humane. I really hate to kill them, but if you ask our daughter what nightmares occur when you DON'T eliminate them..........well, we'll just let it go at that. (ask her about the 35 member family that set up house in our garage at our old location) It was not very pretty. I am deathly afraid of mice, I had a hard time believing she convinced her dad to let 'JUST ONE' go............ha!

Tonight I am making Karen's recipe for Apple Butter in the crock pot. I'll post the recipe on Friday if I have a success. So far the house smells great while they cook.

Tomorrow we are helping a local man run for sheriff of our county. We're doing a dinner in the small town close to us, population 25, I think.(I stand corrected, I just googled it, as of the last census in 2000, there were 215 living there. Who knew??? WE'll grill burgers and hot dogs. The candidate will be available to answer questions. Then we'll call it a night.

No comments: