Sunday, November 30, 2008

Food drive from Work

I just got the official word, my employer does a food drive every year. Our goal this year was to donate 1/2 ton of food. We donated OVER 5 TON of food!!! The official weight is 10,380#..........woohoo!!!

That helps our little town, I did not know, but we order items from the big food pantry in that large metropolitan city, we then have to pay to have it delivered! However, I have offered to pick it up and bring it home with me after work, to save the $600 they are charged to have it delivered.

Leslie, I also hear your hubby has offered the use of his trailer......every little bit helps, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Family Room said...

See, one more of those undetected "good deeds"! I had to ask him about it, I had no idea! Both of you...KUDOS! I think you are a shining example for both your children and grandchildren!