Saturday, March 27, 2010

Eye Exam and New Glasses

I hate to step out of my comfort zone and change. I had to get new eyeglasses. My eyes are definitely giving me issues due to my astigmatism. It's a real nuisance. My eye has tilted, making it hard for me to see any fine print at all. My eye muscles are continually trying to compensate and adjust so I can focus. It leaves me with headaches and fatigue.

I had to get 3 new pair of glasses. 1 pair for work so I can wear them while working on the computer. 1 pair for the torch so I can melt glass and make beads. The other pair is my every day pair.

I had to go to a new eye Dr. because my old one didn't take my insurance. What a difference insurance makes. I just got it in January. It was going to be $10 for all of it, exam, glasses and everything else. I have such a bad prescription they said I needed some special something lens wise, so I got them. It would have been $221, but I only paid $50.......SCORE! I have not paid $60 for eyeglasses ever! It is generally $300+.

So with the money I saved.......I got Isaac a new comorter, shams, decorative pillows, etc. for his room. He didn't really like the girlie things I had in there.

If you are new here, be sure to search for recipe, I have about 80 of them on this blog.

2 comments:

supermom said...

no Pictures?????? huh huh??? c'mon G'ma!

Cindy said...

It takes 12 days to get them back.....maybe I'll take pictures with all 3 pairs..