Sunday, May 18, 2008

No lazy Sunday for us

Today Steve and Isaac tore out the old patio. The ants keep taking the sand to the top of the brick. The wind blows the sand away, then our patio is bumpy.

Here's the work in progress:














Here are some pictures of the back yard, we have the fountain my sisters helped me get for my birthday last year:














Here are the pine trees we planted 5 years ago when the new house was put in, they were only 4" tall:
















I love lilacs, we planted this outside our bedroom window, this is the first year it has bloomed.















Here are the snow ball bushes:














Our hostas have gotten huge, I love hostas, these took off last year and went crazy, I do have a slug problem. I can't seem to get rid of them. We're going to put lava rock around the base to see if that will help:
















I got 3 hanging baskets for Mother's day, I have been keeping them inside at night, the temp here has dropped to 40 and 45 in the evenings. I hung them outside 2 nights ago and left them, the temps have gotten a little warmer. Last night when I came home, they were looking really dry, the leaves and blooms were drooping. I went out on the enclosed porch to water them, Steve came running out of nowhere yelling, NO, NO, NO. I had watered two of them, and had come back in to refill the jug. He told me there is a bird nest in the other planter. Sure enough, we waited until this morning to water, I put the camera up over the nest to get a picture:


2 comments:

supermom said...

you should have posted a pic of the weaping willow tree!

Cindy said...

That is next, along with a photo of the egg in the bird nest, they WORK FAST.