Friday, April 3, 2009

Recipe Friday April 6, 2009 Lemon Whip Dessert

Lemon Whip Dessert

60 Ritz Crackers, crushed
1/2 c melted butter
1/2 c powdered sugar
12 oz tub cool whip
6 oz can frozen lemonade concentrate
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk

Mix crackers, butte and sugar, mix well. Press all but 1/4 c. into a 9x13 pan. Mix remaining ingredients well with mixer. (I add food coloring to the mix depending on the color of lemonade I use, yellow for regular lemonade and red when I use pink lemonade, it is so springy looking) Pour over crumbs n pan. Sprinkle reserved crumbs over. Refrigerate. Ligh, cool and pretty. No strong lemon taste. 20-24 servings.


One of the MD's I worked with at the hospital was leaving a few years back, we had a pot luck for him on the weekend prior to his departure. I brought this dessert and the Alpo dip. He was quite the health conscious person. He ate most of the 6 quart crock pot full of alpo dip I made, plus half or better of this dessert. He kept telling me how light and fresh this was. I was surprised as ever!!

No comments: