Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Aren't Friends Great?

I arrived at work today at 6am. I've got a load to do and am feeling a little behind. Around 9am the phone rang, my friend Rhonda called from Bellevue visit about a bracelet pattern we are doing in ChainMaille at our bead meeting Thursday night. I'd sent her a youtube instructional. She called to tell me she had a beautiful bracelet done from watching that video. We chatted a minute. She then asked me if I got a present.

??? No, I didn't. She told me to check with the front desk girl, she was sure there was something there for me. The desk gal told her I hadn't come in yet.........hehe. I was way early. I called down to Donna, sure enough she confirmed there was a package that was square and pretty heavy! If she didn't know me so well she'd swear it was a 'brick' of some illegal substance.........yeah, she's pretty cute!

Rhonda left me some fudge! Oh, was it good! I shared it with all my constituents....could hardly help it. They can hear unwrapping a mile away! And they can smell fudge at 100 miles!

It was so good, she shared the recipe and I'm sharing it here. I love that she used fat free swwetened condensed milk...........whew! I was really concerned about all that fat! HAHA

Irresistible Turtle Fudge

makes: 9x13 pan

Ingredients:
40 caramels
3 cups milk chocolate chips
1 (7oz) jar marshmallow creme
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk (we used fat free)
1 tsp vanilla
1 lb chopped pecans, chopped (I used 1 10oz bag)

Unwrap the caramels and cut each into 6 equal pieces. Set aside.

In large saucepan, combine chocolate chips, marshmallow creme and sweetened condensed milk. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and pecans. Fold in caramels. Pour into a greased 9x13" pan. Cool in refrigerator; cut into squares. Go ahead..............indulge!
__________________________

No comments: