Thursday, October 8, 2009

Recipe Friday Oct. 9th 2009

I don't really have a recipe in mind...I've been trying out new things, I've got to make a pumpkin recipe, it's an assignment for Blog 350.....I'm keeping that one a secret.

We have a traditional recipe we use every year, it's a recipe you shape like a pumpkin, then frost and decorate the face.










Pumpkin Jack-O-Lantern Cookies

1 pkg Yellow Cake Mix
1/2 c. oatmeal
2 t. pumpkin pie spice
16 oz can pumpkin (not pie filling)
1/4 c softened butter
1 egg

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet. Mix together all ingredients. Drop by 1/4 cup onto sheets. Make a little knob for the stem. Don't be perfect the frosting will cover it. Bake 14 - 20 minutes or til edges are light golden brown. Decorate with orange and green frosting. I buy the can cream cheese frosting and tint it. Decorate faces with gum drops, m&m's, candy corn, licorice etc.. Make them look like Jack-O-Lanterns. Yields: 19 cookies!

No comments: