These cookies are a tradition for my kids when they were growing up. They loved to decorate the faces. I miss doing them every year.
Pumpkin Jack-O-Lantern Cookies
- 1 package Yellow Cake Mix
- ½ cups Quick Cooking Oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 can Pumpkin, Pureed (16 Oz.)
- ¼ cups Butter Or Margarine, Softened
- 1 container White Frosting Or Your Own Favorite Frosting Recipe
- 3 bags Candy To Decorate Pumpkin Faces. I Use M&M's, Candy Corn And Mini M&M's
- Food Coloring (green And Orange)
2. Mix together all ingredients (except candy for decoration, frosting, and food coloring) until well blended.
3. Drop cookies by 1/4 cupfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. With the back of a spoon, flatten to a round pumpkin shape; move a little dough to the top in a ’stem’ shape. (You will decorate this with green frosting to resemble a pumpkin stem.)
4. Bake 350 F for 14-20 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown.
5.Divide and tint small portions of frosting with green food coloring, the other portion with orange food coloring.
6. Once cookies are cool, frost the stem with green frosting, and the rest of the cookie with orange frosting.
7. Decorate faces with M&M’s, gum drops, dots, licorice, candy corn, etc.