I made the Cinnamon Sassies Cookie recipe for our cookie exchange this year, we'll give 1/2 dozen cookies to each participant. These cookies are like snickerdoodles on steroids......right out of the oven the centers are soft and chewy. The recipe is correct, it takes 1/4 cup of dough per cookie. So worth the extra effort. I put one or two of these on my cookie trays every year.
Here's mine, packaged and ready to go..
* 1-½ cup Sugar
* ½ cups Butter Or Margarine
* 1 teaspoon Vanilla Or Vanilla Bean Paste
* 2 whole Eggs (large)
* 2-½ cups Flour
* 1 teaspoon Cream Of Tartar
* ½ teaspoons Baking Soda
* ¼ teaspoons Salt
* 1 cup Cinnamon Flavored Baking Chips
* 1 cup Chopped Pecans
* 2 Tablespoons Sugar (this To Roll Cookies In)
* 1 teaspoon Cinnamon (this To Roll Cookies In)
1. Heat oven to 375 F. If using a dark or nonstick pan, heat to 350F.
2. Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with a spoon until creamy.
3. Stir in flour, ceam of tartar, baking soda and salt. Stir in cinnamon chips and pecans.
4. Mix 2 Tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl.
5. Shape dough by forming 1/4 cups of dough into balls. Roll in sugar and cinnamon mixture.
6. Place balls 3″ apart on un-greased large cookie sheet. (Do not flatten.)
7. Bake 13-17 minutes or until set and light brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool.