Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge
• 4 cups white sugar
• 1 cup light brown sugar
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
• 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
• 1 (16 ounce) jar peanut butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
No candy thermometer is required. Before you start timing the fudge, a rolling boil is required. This means that you are not able to stir the fudge to stop the boiling process. Once the candy is at that stage, then begin timing.
1. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. This fudge is creamy and flawless every time. For any fudge to be successful you must follow directions exactly as written. Candy is a persnickety thing, stirring at the wrong time will cause crystallization of the sugar granules. Ruining your recipe.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and evaporated milk. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 7 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in marshmallow creme until well incorporated and melted. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth; spread in prepared pan. Let cool before cutting into squares.
I cut the fudge into squares, then seal in a large zip lock bag, placing it inside a rubbermaid container with a lid.