Monday, June 25, 2007

Landscaping

We bought approx. 125 landscaping stones a couple weeks ago, along with a 3 tiered fountain to put in the backyard. If that doesn't attract birds, nothing will, I think. I want to thank my family for the fountain, because of their gift certificate they gave me on my birthday, it made the fountain possible. I love it, and can't wait for it to be put in.

While visiting the Amanas, we noticed the houses all have boards running up the sides of them where the owners plant grape vines. The grapes crawl up the boards and make a beautiful display of fruit. We are going to put some on a small fence at the edge of the property to feed the birds. I remember our neighbor had vines when I was a kid.

This weekend is our family July 4th celebration. I have a list of things I am going to make to take along. I love these things, it is a good time to enjoy each other's families. I really enjoy the little ones, we rarely see them, so it is a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy,
I'd love to see your house and yard. Knowing you and Steve, I'll bet the landscaping will be wonderful! I hope you post a picture of it when you get done. We have some friends in Canada who have a fountain and a pond that they won in a contest, and it is beautiful. Have fun!