Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The patio stones are down

Steve finished laying them last night. The weather was a scorching 93, with a humidity of 78 or something like that. I wanted to go help him carry the stones, they weigh about 20# each, but he wouldn't hear of it. I poured iced tea into him by the gallons, he worries me working like that in the heat. HE is a desk jockey now, he isn't used to working in the heat like he used to, but I can't seem to get him to slow down.

Tonight he will get more river rock to finish the edges of the garden, then he'll put up the fountain.

I have been buying plants like crazy, I can't resist them, our local wal-mart had hanging baskets for $3, I can't seem to resist them. I came home with 9 of them on Sunday. I have them hanging everywhere! I love to see live plants and flowers all over. And to think I never used to plant a thing!

No comments: