Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Things that make you smile

It is weird, I always wondered why older people enjoyed the birds so much. I thought it was because their children were all grown. Maybe that is part of it, but I have been devouring books on how to attract birds that I want to my yard to come by means of different feeders, nectars, peanut butter, etc. I am so mad at the grackles for invading my yard. The little birds that sing so nice are intimidated by them.

Last night I was thrilled to get a grosbeak, it is such a pretty bird, it was on the feeder with a cardinal and an indigo bunting, so I had a bright red bird, a bright blue bird, and a black bird with a patch of white and red under his beak all on the feeder at once, it was a sight to behold.

Grosbeak:









Indigo Bunting:










Cardinal:




No comments: