Monday, September 24, 2007

EDIT: "REAL" Grandma & Grandpa

I have heard this term twice this past week in reference to Steve and I. Olivia asked her mom last week if she was coming to see her 'real' grandma. Karen had to dig a little deeper into this little girl's psyche to grasp what she was asking. Upon investigation, she discovered Olivia was referring to me. She wanted to come visit, but only if she could see her 'real' grandma.

Last night, Noah asked his dad if they were coming to see his 'real' grandparents. When Brian asked him what he meant, he told Brian he wanted to come to Iowa to see those grandparents.

I feel bad for the little tykes. They are struggling with grandparents that are less than attentive when they visit. When in my home, as you can guess, they are the only thing I am interested in, their antics just tickle me and I can't get enough. I often wonder if it is because they are so far away?

I would love it if Brian could get closer. He is thinking about LOWES. Wouldn't that be grand?

I had to take these from Karen's blog. Since Olivia is only around Noah, it has been hard to get her interested in 'girl' things. Imagine our surprise when she discovered the tutus I got her are kind of "NEAT". We couldn't be happier. She always wants a purple car, or a pair of spider man socks, or Cars socks when I send things to Noah. Here she is in all her glory, my sweet princess girl:


Noah, my little gentleman, asks if he 'Can have this dance." How sweet is that.

No comments: