Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sick with a cold

I stayed home sick today from work, I have a cold that just popped up. I was fine one minute, then woke up Monday morning with a terrible scratchy throat. I felt worse yesterday, and last night I started to run a fever. Since the babies are due to visit, I thought I better make a huge effort to get better, fast. I took Nyquil, Zicam, sudafed and anything else I could find. I woke up around noon today. I finally started to feel human around 3pm. So, I decided to make a pie I have been dying to try:


Here is the recipe:
Crust:
Crust for 1 10 inch pie

Filling:
4 cups thinly sliced apples
1/2 C. sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3 c. fresh or frozen raspberries (thawed and drained if frozen)
1/2 c. cubed or crumbled pure almond paste (from 7-8 oz. can)

Topping:
1/2 c. all flour
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter or margarine
1/2 c. sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 350. Place crust in pie. Flute edges. In large bowl, mix apples, flour, sugar and cinnamon. Stir together, pour into prepared crust. Sprinkle with raspberries. Sprinkle almond paste over raspberries. In a medium bowl, mix 1/2 c. flour, 1/4.c sugar. Cut in butter or margarine until small pea sized pieces. Stir in sliced almonds. Sprinkle evely over almond paste. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, covering crust edges with foil after 30 minutes of baking. Bake until apples are tender in center and topping is golden brown. Serve warm or cool.

I found some picture on the camera of the kids, here is Noah mimicking his dad:



Here is one of Steve's Uncle Jerry, this was taken the night of the Karaoke contest that Michelle came in 2nd place:


We carved a ton of pumpkins for the Halloween party last year, here they are, with a picture that is kind of blurry, but I like how it turned out:



I have been quite the Betty Crocker lately, I wanted to make a New York Cheesecake, and I found a recipe for Apple Bread, I made these a few weeks ago:



I came home one night to find this laying by the back door. Steve thinks it got hit by a car on the highway above the house, it was really creepy having it lay there:



Here is a picture of my little Miss O with her Mom. This is the day we picked them up at the Airport when they took a trip to Disneyworld in Florida, we kept the kids for the week, it was so much fun!:

This is my little sister Wendy taking my picture Karaoke night:

No comments: