Friday, November 9, 2007

Nothing new to tell

I have a bead open house at my friend Sandy's tomorrow. I have been sick all week, haven't been able to torch and make beads or jewelry, but I will go and take what I have on hand. I didn't sleep much last night. Couldn't quit coughing.

I sat up and read 1,000 White Women, you have got to read this book! The premise of the story regards a proposal in 1854 by the Cheyenne tribe. Cheyenne's culture dictated all offspring would be raised under the 'tribe' of the mother. To ensure peaceful relation between the white people and the indians, they requested 1,000 white women to take as brides. This was indeed a proposal made during the course of our history, but never came to fruition. Jim Fergus writes this book as though it did indeed happen. It is a real page turner. My interest in historical fiction is generally from the times of Lords and Ladies. I enjoyed this book immenseley, nobody is more surprised than I am.

I didn't want to go to bed, but I finally gave in, still coughed, but not as bad. Today I am dragging around with a nasty cough. I need to keep my PTO hours to go on my trip in January. It is unusual for me to get even 1 good cold per winter, this year I have already had 2 bad ones, I suppose it is because I am trying to hoard hours for my vacation.

No comments: