Monday, July 28, 2008

The Dark Knight and Daniel X

Since Steve's movie partner is getting an education right now in South Dakota, it's up to me to go with Steve to the movies. This weeekend we saw the Dark Knight. I like Batman. The surprise was in how MUCH I liked the movie. It was totally awesome. The guy that played the Joker was phenomenal(Heath Ledger). He made Jack Nicholson look like an amateur. Too bad he died from a drug overdose or 'interaction' in January.

Heath Ledger IS the Joker in my mind. He nailed the role completely. I couldn't believe it. Isaac told us he went to see it in Rapid City on Saturday, Two Face nearly made him wet himself.

All in all, a good weekend. We hooked up the new dishwasher, the thing is barely audible as it works. Bosch is the way to go in my opinion. I am glad the salesman at Lowe's talked us into buying it, I am not sorry at all.........but I sure was nervous going with a different brand. So far, it isn't disappointing. But, I am going to wait about a month or two before writing an online review.

I am listening to a new book on tape, Jame's Patterson's "Daniel X'. It is pretty good so far, but I am ready for Patterson to write one of his own books. His are so much more interesting. What is up with that, is he getting lazy, or does he have writer's block? The last 5 books I have gotten of his are all written by someone else with his name on them.

I love to read, I also just finished reading a book highly recommended by a gal I work with, "Pope Joan". A very good read, I couldn't put it down, read it in 3 evenings. If the print wasn't so small, I would have had it in 2 nights, most likely.

No comments: