This recipe is a little bit of work, but oh so tasty. I make a garlic bread to go with it generally and a large tossed salad. Last time I made it I made PW's olive cheese bread to go with it, made for a very high calorie, fat laden dinner. But it was oh so good. It was a special dinner that involved my little sister and her family as well as my niece Celeste. I love to have people over, but don't do it often enough.
Asiago Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 1 cube chicken bouillon
• 1 cup Asiago Cheese
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with equal parts water
• 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
• 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
• 3/4 cup bacon
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1 cup diced red onion
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 cup chopped green onion
• 1 pound grilled skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook 2 cups cream until just bubbling. Watch carefully, to ensure that it doesn't boil over. Stir in bouillon and Asiago cheese. Stir with a whisk until dissolved. Add cornstarch mixture, and simmer until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly. Mix in the sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside, or cover and refrigerate for later use.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute red onion until soft and translucent. Stir in garlic and cooked bacon, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in green onions, chicken and 1 cup cream. Cook, stirring, until cream is heated through. Add Asiago cream sauce, and heat through. Toss with cooked pasta until evenly coated, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Notice I added a side bar to the right?? Pioneer Woman had some women out to the ranch to watch Bakerella make her cupcake pops. There were 2 women that owned a T-Shirt company together. I love the shirts and hope to win 3 of them to give to my friend Karen and her two daughters. They do missionary trips to Canada every year, it would be great to send them off with a really neat t-shirt.