I got the recipe from Lindsey's kitchen. I did a blogging by mail exchange this summer. Lindsey was the person that received my package, she is in culinary school. One of the things she wanted was the book, 'Hello Cupcake'. I sent it to her, today she posted some butterfly cupcakes she made from the book, they turned out pretty cute.
These are pretty moist and delicious. Try them, you won't be disappointed. THis recipe came from Martha Stewart's Cookie Book, so Leslie, you can try it!!!
Ginger Pear Pistachio Blondies
- 9 tablespoons (1 stick plus 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan.
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped dried pears (about 4 oz)
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped ( 3.25 oz)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped candied ginger (.25 oz)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch springform or round cake pan. Line bottom with parchment paper; butter parchment.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Put butter and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, mix until combined. Mix in pears, pistachios and ginger.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan, smooth top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Remove side of springform pan (or invert pan if using cake pan). Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Cut into wedges. Blondies can be stored between layers of parchment in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.
-These turned out more cake like than blondies normally are, but still delicious.
-It only took about 40 minutes in Lindsey's oven (mine,too) before they were done, so check them half way through to determine when yours will be done.