Friday, June 12, 2009

Recipe Friday June 12, 2009 Puppy Chow

This is Karen's favorite snack. Next time she comes home I think I'll make it for her.

Tonight we're going out to dinner with Ron and Linda. I took care of Linda's mother 3days a week for about 8 years. I went to her home and bathed her, changed her bed, etc. Sometimes before work, getting up at 4:30 am to get this work accomplished before I went to my real job. Sometimes I did it after working 12 hour days on teh floor. I can tell you, there's no way I would be able to do it now. She passed a couple years ago, but I still love to get hold of Linda and Ron to visit and go out to dinner. They are the most wonderful of friends. Ron has an ornery twinkle in his eye, and Linda is 'hip' she's on the internet 24/7, orders from ebay and is into all the things I am. She has exquisite tastes in clothes, jewelry, dishes, etc. She and I both love dishes, and I love to see what she's getting off ebay all the time!!!

Puppy Chow

9 cups Chexs cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.

In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.

Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

2 comments:

Family Room said...

yummy!! I made frito candy today. It seems like a baking kind of day, (don't worry I do know that frito candy is not considered baking!! :) )

Cindy said...

LOL, that is funny, Karen's made the FRITO candy, I have never had it before. I have not heard anymore from our cake lady.