Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Counting down

It is just 3 days now until I have to set up for the bead show. I am always nervous when the time gets closer. I love to do this, but hate to tag and prepare the beads for the show.

Here is today's quote on my calendar:

"Being grandparents sufficiently removes us from the responsibilities so that we can be friends." Alan Frome

I am listening to a book on tape, "The Black Dahlia" by James Ellroy. I am familiar with the murder, but not the details, it is pretty interesting.

I really feel a let down when a truly good book is finished. It is like a friend just got up and walked away without saying good bye. I felt that way about this book: I just finished "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn" by Betty Smith. It reminded me a little bit of Frank McCourt's 'Tis', and 'Angela's Ashes'. I am appalled at the depth of poverty in Ireland while these children were growing up. It always humbles me and makes me feel so blessed to have lived in a time when we didn't have to steal milk or bread just to eat.

The day is beautiful outside, we are supposed to get rain, but I am sure enjoying the sun right now.

No comments: