Tuesday, March 27, 2007

From my calendar

My grandchildren got me a calendar for Christmas, each day there is a quote, generally about grandmothers. Here are a few I have saved:

"Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild." Welsh Proverb

"Grandmothers have bottomless handbags." Anonymous

My daughter will wonder why this one is true: "Grandmothers have all afternoon to play with you, and never have more important things to do." Joanna Foster

Karen marvelled at the time I spent while making noodles with the grand kids one night. Wondering why I would never allow her and Isaac the opportunity to explore like that. I would have minded the time it took and the mess, but it seemed right to do it with Noah and Olivia.

"Middle age is when your age shows around your middle." Bob Hope

"If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I would advise every one of you straight away to become one. There is no fun for older people like it." Hanna Whitall Smith

"Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting." Anonymous

"One of life's mysteries is how the boy who wasn't good enough to marry your daughter can be the father of the smartest grandchild in the world." Jewish Proverb

"Your children are always your babies, even if they have gray hair." Janet Leigh

Today's quote, "To show a child what has once delighted you, and rediscover your pleasure in the child's interest; this is the great happiness of a Granmother." Joyce Miller

I hope you have enjoyed these, I read my quote each day and tear them away, but can't bring myself to throw them away. HAHA

1 comment:

supermom said...

these are really good quotes. lots of truth to them. these have scrap potential.