Tuesday, March 6, 2007

UGH! I can't sleep!

I have been up for a few hours now playing Luxor on the computer. I can't sleep. This has been happening to me for some time now. I get all worked up over the projects I have going on at work. I love my job, I have a great boss, but I get all pent up with anxiety that I will mess something up and not do a good job. Then I get home, feel like I can't stay awake,and when it is time to go to bed, the eyeballs pop open and I can't sleep! I hate that!

Went to see the in-laws tonight. Joyce, my MIL is getting along great with her walker, I can't believe she is doing so good for 77 and a new hip just a week ago! She is amazing. Part of her motivation might be a trip to Ireland. She has wanted to go all her life. They will inherit a little money here pretty soon, and she really wants to take the trip. I hope they get to go, she wants to really bad. She is doing the family tree, the trip will help her to track down ancestors on my husband's side of the family.

I have two pot lucks coming up at work. I love to do them, it is fun to see the reactions of the people that I work with when you do something out of the ordinary. This recipe is one that I had at a bridal shower once. I brought it home and made it, since then it is a family favorite. I think I might make it for the pot luck, either that or a chicken pot pie, homemade. I did that last week and impressed myself. If I do, I will take a photo and post it. Supermom took a picture of a pie I made and posted it on her blog, so that might be fun.

Chicken Salad

2 c. cubed cooked chicken
¼ c. diced celery
¼ c. golden raisins
¼ c. sliced almonds
¼ c. dried cranberries
¾ c. mayonnaise
2 T. chopped red onion
¼ t. salt
¼ t. pepper
4 split croissants

Directions
In a bowl, combine first 9 ingr. Split croissants, spoon about ½ c. chicken salad onto each croissant. Very good.

Well, I am going to try to get some sleep, I teach a computer class all day tomorrow, then I go for a hair cut in another town that is 25 miles north of the metro area where I work. I think I am going to switch hair dressers. I realized just a week or so ago that one of our daughter's friend's sisters is a hair dresser. She is located in the area where I work, it will be easier to go there than drive so far all the time. Now I just have to find out how to get hold of her. Ta ta for now.

1 comment:

supermom said...

oh, well, i didn't see this one. all is forgiven. very nice.